Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Girlfriend Has A New Record...


My wife recently commented on a blog post, and in doing so basically gave me the green light to have a girlfriend. She kindly selected Zoey Deschanel for me. Way to go honey!


Well, it appears that my supposed concubine's band has a new album coming out next week. She and Him's second album entitled Volume Two will be released on Tuesday, but you can listen to the whole thing right here


Deschanel wrote the songs, which are a collection of musings and longing for love, but the way she sings, it ends up sounding like she's smirking while singing. It's like she's saying "yeah, like i'd be pining for someone. i'm freaking hot!! they should be pining for me!! this shit ain't real."


You: "isn't this music a little girly sounding?"
Me: "um, sort of. maybe. yes. Fuck You! it's cool."
You: "chill out dude."
Me: "sorry. i still think you should check it out..." 


...  here's a video for the song "in the sun"


2 comments:

its simple love March 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I adore Zoey. I have her first album and I am counting down the days til her next. Thanks for the video!

And thanks for checking out my blog. I love music. It's always nice to hear from a fellow lover of music.

Matt March 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

This new album makes me think of Patsy Cline... BIG TIME!! It's smooth and goes down easy like a glass of pinot grigio. It sounds a bit repetitive, but it scratches that itch in just the right spot. Did I mention that Zoey is a hottie?