Sunday, March 21, 2010

Like You've Got Something better to do on Sunday Night


I'm always trying to find new cool stuff to provide you with sights and sounds to make your brain happy. Well, tonight's your lucky night. The BBC has done it again. Their new 11 part series on nature shit debuts on Amurican tv tonight.


I so love the BBC. I so love nature, especially the animal part. So this is my latest joy-inducing bit of goodness. The BBC films our world like no one else does. Their images are like buttah. That is to say, the footage they get is unsurpassed because they will send their film crews out into the middle of nowhere and promise to kick them in the shins and babysit Amy Winehouse if they don't come back with award winning stuff. To avoid such misery, their film crews will build hideouts and stalk/wait for animals to come along and do what animals do. 


So imagine some dude sitting in a shrubbery waiting minutes/hours/days to get footage of a bug hiking up a 10 billion foot tree for a shot at a piece of ass from a she bug. They shoot this bug booty call from every conceivable angle, throw in a little CGI, and have David Attenborough narrate the whole thing. The result is an incredibly interesting story and shows the particular critter's behaviour in a way that also shows their personality. Of course if someone filmed my life and David Attenborough narrated it, that would actually make for some interesting television.


I happened to get a sneak peak at this series while on a boat in the middle of the ocean on one of my recent dive/shark stalking adventures. I must say that it is highly entertaining and does not disappoint. 


Here's a little clip about the big beetle that could. I must say that it is the funniest animal clip I've ever seen (this clip is long but the funny part starts at 1:35, 5:08 ad after is classic, 5:55 LOL) . He is persistent.




The 11 part series begins tonight on Discovery and Animal Planet...

4 comments:

Haven and Home March 21, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

I will be watching this, all these nature shows are amazing- (while drinking my wine of course!)

Matt March 21, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

wine and nature will be mingling at our house as well.

Matt March 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

Oprah narrating this shit?!! For Real? Oh man that's a crime. No offense to THE OPRAH, but dang. Oprah needs to tell me what tom cruise is up to, or should be giving shit away, but narrating animal shit... it ain't right. it's kinda like barbara walters calling a footbal game.

Aron March 31, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

I saw some of this at work...
Totally awesome!