Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Joy! Thom Yorke's New Band Has A Name And A Tour!


Aaaah Yeeeah! Thom Yorke has come up with a name for his new band. Is it The Erasers?....... Noooooo. Is. It. The Yorkies? ..... Noooo. It Is.............


Ok. Fine. Cool. Whatever. What is even cooler is that they are going on tour. Mind you it's a very small tour, but a tour none the less.

So who is in the band? Well Thom plays geetar, piano, and sing. Radiohead's longtime pal and producer Nigel Godrich does something but I don't really know what. Then there's Mauro Refosco who is the percussionist. Joey Waronker is the drummer and he has played with R.E.M., Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, and Walt Mink (whoever that is). Oh yeah, and there's some bass player named Tick. Wait, no Flea. Yeah Flea, Flea that's right.

The tour dates can be found here. I doubt I will see any of this live. Shit. Damn. Rats. But, here's a little sample of the one show that his band has done so far. Quality sucks, but you get the idea






What bands would you like to see live?

2 comments:

My Interior Life February 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Where is this alleged basement? I'm amazed you haven't tried to infiltrate it. Meg White disturbs me for some reason. I know that's the point. I dig Beck, but it also disturbs me how he kinda looks like his brother-in-law. Am I the only one who thinks so? Radiohead's House of Cards is hands-down one of the most atmospheric, melancholy pieces of musical greatness out there.

Glad you enabled your comments so now I can revel in your awesomeness. And tell you of your spelling and grammatical errors. That's my job.

My Interior Life February 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Sorry I left this comment on the wrong post. Oops. It's late. I need to go to bed.