Tuesday, February 23, 2010

... Down the Rabbit Hole




My daughter is having a birthday party next week to go see this movie. I'm invited. This is good because this movie looks cool. Visually it looks a bit disturbed and goth in typical Tim Burton fashion. I've always wondered though, how in the hell did an LSD inspired story become a children's classic. Srrrsly. I mean there's some fucked up shit in this story. Just like in Alice, didn't Jefferson Airplane sing some song about one pill or drink or something making you small and the other making you tall? Didn't they? Yeah they did, and we all know they did enough acid to keep the rest of us trippin' for a year or so. Thus is the content of Alice.

And what the hell was that caterpillar smoking. That funky worm was sitting on a (mu)shroom smoking on a hookah. No wonder his ass flew off. I mean, what's a great children's story without copious drug references? Hmmm.

I digress. In the spirit of Pan's Labyrinth, this appears to be a visually stunning adult oriented fairy tale. I'm looking forward to it.

What films have you seen that visually don't suck?

0 comments: